- You will be working with 2-3 inches of hair to create the mini-plaits/braids (Step 1).
- The tighter the plaits, the more they’ll stand out from the rest of your hair (Step 2).
- Ideally, the plaits will be parallel (Step 3) and 2 fingers apart from each other (Step 4).
- Separate about 6-7 inches of hair from the crown of your head and pin it out of the way, in order to tie the first 2 mini-plaits together (Step 6).
- Use elastic hair bands that match your hair colour so they can ‘disappear’ amongst your hair (Step 7).
- Curl random pieces of hair and style them until you’re happy with the result. To get a boho-chic style, I used a mixture of tight, loose, long, short, thin and thick curls (Step 11).
- The optional step will give you a more elegant and neater look. All you have to do is collect all the hair after the first two plaits from both sides and pin it at the back of your head.
That’s it! What do you think of my take on Blake Lively’s boho-chic hairstyle? I hope you all enjoyed it and send me a picture if you try this look :)